Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lebowski Fest




Here's a kind of fascinating thing...again, mostly for Jeffro. I caught a few minutes of Ace of Cakes on Food Network (not my favorite show, but no longer my least favorite, and they were making a cake for an event called Lebowski Fest. I was intrigued, and googled it. According to the fest's Web site, "Lebowski Fest is a bowling event celebrating all things relating to the Coen Brothers 1998 film, The Big Lebowski. It can be likened to a Star Trek convention in a very loose sense. The event takes place at a bowling alley and includes unlimited bowling, costume , trivia, farthest traveled, and bowling contests, prizes, and what-have-you."

They have a decent online store. I don't know why I find cult followings for things like movies so fascinating. Maybe if I ever decide to go to graduate school for sociology, I'll investigate it.

1 comment:

Hot Topologic said...

That's just like, your opinion, man.